Monday, May 14, 2012

Visiting with family

We are here in NC visiting my parents and having a great time.  We celebrated my dad's birthday Saturday, Mother's Day Sunday, and my Mom's birthday today.  Ava has taken to everyone great, even my sister whom she hasn't seen since Christmas.  Only hiccup is that she isn't sleeping well here (big surprise!).  She doesn't like the pack-n-play at all.  It is too far for me to lean over and lay her down, so I have to drop her the last 2 inches or so.  It is very narrow and she moves around in her sleep alot so she wakes herself up running into the mesh walls.  So after fighting with it for a couple naps we just laid a blanket on the floor and laid her on top.  She liked this much better. 

Mother's day we had a TON of people in my parent's house, it was great!  It was us, my parents,  my brother and his fiancee Anna, my sister, my Nana and Papa, my Aunt Lynn and Uncle Brad, my cousin Erin and her fiancee Joel, and her cousin Luke.  I love having a house full of family.  After dinner we all went to see my brother and Anna's new house.  It is beautiful.  Lots of character.  Even has a "Harry Potter Closet" as my brother calls it.  It goes from the entrance hallway back into the spare bedroom on the bottom floor.  Their kids will think that is super cool.  Narnia anyone?  They have a large red lab named, Red.  Ava thinks he is super cool.  She likes to try to grab his face and let him lick her hands, she thinks he is funny.  She has to be held by someone whenever he is around though, he is about 100+ lbs of puppy and will knock her over in 1 sec.

Today was my mothers birthday so my sister and I braved the crazy thunderstorm and torrential rain to get a cake.  At one of the grocery stores I pulled my pants up past my knees and ran into the store.  The store was freezing when we got in, so I went to pull the hood of my hoodie over my head and it had water in it, got a shower in the front of Harris Teeter.  Nice. 

I felt today and Ava FINALLY has 6 teeth.  The last of the four top front teeth has taken FOREVER to come in.  I have been able to feel it past the gum line now for about 2 weeks.  I was actually beginning to worry there was something wrong, but today it had cut through the last little bit of gum covering the tooth.  WOO HOO!

Got a little bit of nice weather after the storm to try out my parent's neighborhood pool.  Ava LOVED it.  The "kiddie" part is 1.5 ft deep which is too deep for Ava, but she enjoyed going down the little baby slide with mommy.  They also have a 1ft deep area that doesn't have any fun water toys in it, but she had a blast just walking around and climbing up and down the one step.  Hope we have some more water fun before we leave. 

Also, last night I had a REALLY hard time getting Ava to go down and got really frustrated.  Don't know if you know or not, but my daughter just might be the worst sleeper of all time.  She hates going to sleep and still at 1 yr old + wakes 3+ times a night.  If she has a really good night she only wakes 2 times.  So anyway, Jason and I talked and decided that he was going to start trying to put her to bed at night (we had tried before and she just screamed) and I was going to night wean her (which I had almost done before but had gotten lazy).  So tonight was the first time for Jason to try to put her to bed.  SHE FELL ASLEEP IN 10 MIN!  I couldn't believe it.  I think I might throw Jason a party.  So happy.  I now feel like I can breathe and really share some big responsibility with Jason, and maybe go out at night every once and awhile.

Last bit of news: got a new computer.  So excited.  Got a Dell again.  Had a Dell in college and it lasted 8 years.  Since then we have had an HP (lasted 1.5 years) an Asus (lasted 3 years), and Jason has an HP for work (which has already had the hard drive crash on it).  So we decided to go back to Dell and hopefully have some better luck.

Hope you all had a WONDERFUL mothers day.


1 comment:

  1. So basically this whole post makes me happy and we're going out at NIGHT when you get back! LOL

    OH and I need pictures of Ava in that smocked swimsuit. Like seriously.. I can't stand the thought of the cuteness.

    ReplyDelete