Tuesday, May 29, 2012

New Teeth, homade popsicles, and new words

I have been meaning to blog for a week or so now and it just never happened.  We haven't been doing anything super interesting just day in and day out.

Ava now has 7 teeth!  She cut another bottom tooth last Thurs and is trying to cut at least one more.  This one wasn't nearly the production her teeth usually are.  I was talking with a friend about how I thought she might be cutting a tooth and stuck my finger in her mouth and there was the tooth!  This next one hasn't been quite as painless.  She has had some crying in her sleep last night and tonight.  Tonight she has been so restless, cries and thrashes in her sleep even when I pick her up.  Wish she was out of the crib so I could lay next to her until she calmed herself back to sleep.  I feel so bad for her.

Ava has enjoyed following daddy around the disc golf course in this nice weather.  One of her little friends was also there the other day and they had a blast.  Throwing discs and just running around in the grass.  They were so much fun!


Ava has also had a lot of fun playing with daddy at home.  She is going to be so sad when daddy goes back to teach next week.  She likes to play on his drums and bounce on his lap.  She is really becoming a daddy's girl.



She has started to say a few new things.  Has said "tay tu" (thank you) a couple of times now although will of course never do it on demand.  She will also answer "oooo" for "what does a cow say?"  She still hasn't learned to say "yes."  Everything is no, even when she means yes.

On a completely unrelated note, there has been a yellow cat wandering around our neighborhood for several weeks now.  He is super nice and super friendly.

We decided we were going to take him to the vet and if he was healthy bring him home.  Then today he hasn't been anywhere to be found.  So sad :(  I am ready for another cat, but Jason isn't quite there yet.  I swear people are trying to torture me with cats.  2 different people are giving away super cute kittens on swap shop for free today.  A well I guess I will have to enjoy the ones I have :)

Almost forgot to mention the homemade popsicles.  I made a few popsicles with frozen strawberries, blueberries, and white grape juice.  They were a big hit with Ava and I even thought they tasted good.  I will definitely be keeping a running supply of these this summer.


We are enjoying our time together before Jason has to go back to work next week.  Thankfully his summer schedule isn't super time consuming.  We will still get to see him everyday from lunch on.  Ava is such a ham.  Her laughter is just the best sound in the world.  She has even been sleeping a little better the last couple days (although tonight is looking to be not a good one).  Well, that is all for now!

2 comments: