Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Beautiful day and lots of Swimming!

We had a GORGEOUS day today, blue skies and HOT HOT HOT!!  I decided it would be a great day to blow up her pool.  I invited friends over and filled the pool while she was down for her nap so the water would be nice and warm for the kiddos.  Ava LOVED it. 


She walked around and splashed around the pool.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Sullivan wasn't as sure of it at first, but very quickly warmed up to the pool experience.  Rachel and I were wishing the pool was bigger so we could get in as it was 90 degrees.  After the kids were done we went inside for a little while for some much needed AC and refreshments.

Afterward we went outside to see some friends from the neighborhood and sat in the shade to let the little ones play and visit.  Ava was dressed in a cute bubble but decided she wasn't done with the pool and walked across the yard and jumped in.  I had NO IDEA a diaper could get so full of water!!  I ended up stripping her naked and letting her play in the pool some more.  Molly got in as well and filled her diaper with water. Braydon was already dressed for his picnic later, but managed to splash himself enough mommy had to take him home to change before the picnic.  I think it is safe to say the pool was a hit!  We will have to continue to bring out the pool and let the kiddos splash to their hearts content.  We have a date with Molly's pool tomorrow so lots of fun ahead.

At Awana tonight Ava was really fussy toward the end and ready to head home to bed so I packed up our stuff and got ready to go.  All of a sudden (it was music time) the song that says "do you feel the beat, wanna make you wanna jump, jump, jump..." came on and Ava started kicking her legs in my arms and smiled real big.  I put her down and she clapped and giggled and danced in circles it was so much fun to watch I danced right along with her.  I know I looked ridiculous (I saw you laughing at me, Rachel) but her joy is infectious and she won't let me dance with her forever.

Well, goodnight everyone.  Enjoy the weather :)

1 comment:

  1. I was just afraid you were going to break it down dance team style for a minute there is all! ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete