Sunday, January 22, 2012

We are starting a blog!!

A friend of mine posted on facebook today that she had started a blog.  She wanted to catalog all of the crazy and wonderful things her children did so that they could all look back on them one day.  I thought this was such a great idea that Jason and I decided to follow in her footsteps (thank you Tori :))

We are starting this blog for two reasons.  The first is definitely to keep a log of our lives and the things Ava is doing (and the antics of our future children as well), the second is so that our family (who all live far away) can keep up with any of our day to day stuff.

For those of you reading this blog who do not already know us...  My name is Sara, and my husband's name is Jason.  He is a math professor at the University of Tennessee at Martin.  For fun he plays video games, reads, plays disc golf and does more math.  I am currently a stay-at-home mom, which in my book is the best job on the planet!!  Prior to the birth of our daughter I was a nurse caring for pregnant women, newly postpartum women and their new babies.  Second best job on the planet.  One day I would like to work as a lactation consultant out of my house, but it will take me awhile to get that off the ground, I think.  For fun I also play video games and read.

Now onto the best part, our daughter, Ava.  Ava is our soon to be 10 month old daughter who thinks she is our boss.  She is the joy of our lives and is absolutely so much fun!  She does this half-crawl with one foot on the ground and one knee on the ground which is super cute.  She is pulling up on everything and wants to walk so bad, but hasn't taken off yet, much to the relief of our two cats.  Most of this blog will be about her I am sure.

Hope you are looking forward to reading the super exciting details of our lives!  My husband says we are boring...we shall see!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! Thanks sweetie! Love you all, Mom

    ReplyDelete