Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cleaning the house

I am HORRIBLE at keeping the house clean.  I try and keep up with the necessaries: laundry and dishes, but everything else kind of falls to the side.  I can't remember when the last time was I dusted, and Ava and both cats are terrified of the vacuum cleaner, so that tells you something.  It doesn't help either that Jason couldn't care less about how clean the house is.  But today, I got alot done and therefore am feeling mightily proud of myself.

I have to make a rabbit trail here:  Ava is not the greatest of sleepers...ok she is a really bad sleeper.  But, before we left for Christmas vacation she was napping really well: one hour in the morning and two hours in the afternoon.  She napped HORRIBLY the whole time we were gone on vacation, and hasn't improved too much since we got back.  Until today!  Today she took a two hour nap in the afternoon, and I took advantage.

Ok, back to the main point.  I used the two hours she gave me to accomplish much!  I exercised for the first time since before we went on vacation.  I cleaned and vacuumed our bedroom.  I swept the entire house (we have hardwoods in every room except our bedroom), and I picked up all of Ava's toys.  I am feeling pretty good about myself.

Only problem with all the I accomplished...I forgot to make dinner.  Aw, well.  Can't win um all!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment