The end of February marks the end of Ava's 23rd month and Alana's 1st month. I now have two daughters, yeah that hasn't hit me yet. Since this is just supposed to be a snapshot post let me get to it :)
1. Now recognizes all 26 letters :)
2. Knows the sounds that about half of them make
3. Knows words that start with some of the letters: Jump, Cold, Nana, Kick
4. She recognizes her name when written down and even knows how to spell it! She will say: A-V-A AVA!!
5. Just in the last week or so she has started singing songs: wheels on the bus, theme to veggie tales, theme to bubble guppies, ABC song, etc.
6. Knows the numbers 1-10, but doesn't recognize them yet and will often say 1-2-3-4-7-8-9-10...not sure why 5 and 6 get ignored so often
7. Knows most of your basic colors: red, blue, yellow, green, orange, pink (sometimes purple is also pink), and black
8. Has started sleeping through the night most nights (of course she does this AFTER Alana is born so it isn't like I am getting any more sleep)
1. Holds her head up for 30 seconds or so
2. Is awake more now
- That is it, she is a newborn after all :)