Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Cake and Chickens

Didn't write a blog after Ava's party on Saturday, so it is about time.  Everything went really well.  I made Ava's cake.  A care bear cake no less :)  Nod to my childhood, plus they are cute :)

Only problem, apparently Ava doesn't care so much for cake.  Just another way she is her father's daughter.  Although she does like cream puffs.  The next day we went to a buffet with cream puffs and I decided to give her one and see how she like it.  She loved it! Giggled and squished it in her fingers and all over her head.  It was super funny.  Really wish I had gotten it on tape.  Will definitely have to try that again.  At least she has figured out the opening present thing since Christmas.  She pulled the tissue paper out to get to gifts and ripped the paper.  I was very proud of her!

On a completely different note I took her to Rural King today and they had a ton of baby chicks for her to look at.  I let her pet a couple and she tried to grab one out of my hand and squish it.  Oops, mommy needed to hold on tighter and help her pet the chick.  They really were so cute.  What was the greatest though is as soon as Ava saw them she said, "Duck!"  I was so happy!  She saw something that looked like the baby ducks in her book and called it a Duck! Granted they were actually chickens, but details, details :)



No comments:

Post a Comment