Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What Progress!

It is amazing to me how much progress she is making right now and how much she is learning.  I haven't had a chance to sit down and write a blog post in awhile so I sent myself a couple quick blurbs so I would know when things happened.

If you read either or both of those you know Ava started taking 4-5 steps between Jason and I a little over a week ago.  She is already walking all over the place.  She always starts by walking.  She pushes off an object and walks for as long as she can then sits and crawls the rest of the way.  The most we have seen is 27 steps and we got that on tape :)  She is steadier every day and we love it!

She has also made steps in the vocal category as well.  She now says "Uh-oh!," and drops things just so she can say it.   She also asks questions a lot by putting her hands up and and inflecting her voice.  Most of the time I have no idea what she is asking, but it is super cute.  I also don't know where she picked up the hand thing I don't do that I don't think.  It is amazing to me how many things I don't notice I do that she has started to mimic.

I try to keep her clean and so if she sticks her hand in my plate at dinner I will take her hand and lick off her fingers if I don't have wipes handy.  At dinner last night she tried to pull the bowl of salsa toward her to dip her chip in and got her fingers in in the process.  I didn't even notice until she stuck her fingers in my mouth to clean them off.  Guess I need to stop doing that or she is going to be sticking her fingers in my mouth all the time.

She has become a daddy's girl all of a sudden.  She reaches for him out of my arms, will walk around the house says "Da-da-daddy" and if we are awake when he leaves in the morning she will whimper when he leaves.  It is really cute and Jason loves it.

She also mimicks "open-shut them" but mostly does the "roll them" part and the "blow a great big kiss" at the end.  She will sometimes open and shut her hands and clap with the song, but usually as soon as I start singing it she starts rolling her arms.

We are LOVING every day with her.  She is so fun and so cute.  I love listening to her talk and laugh. It really is great and worth every frustrating moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment